Diskusné fórum - gouldianfinches.eu

gouldianfinches.eu rss RSS

Tonya Sapem, 03.02.2014 10:35

Need Help figuring out this mutation...

Anyone have any idea what type of mutation this is or if it's some crazy crossbreed? It's so beautiful I would love to breed him when I start breeding my Gouldians at my job... any ideas would be appreciated :)
Thanks for your time!

Need Help figuring out this mutation...Need Help figuring out this mutation...Need Help figuring out this mutation...Need Help figuring out this mutation...Need Help figuring out this mutation...

Pre vloženie nového príspevku musíte byť prihlásený.

Marek Buranský, 03.02.2014 21:58

Greetings.
Too bad that you did not write me that by the parent bird . It would also be a good description of the conditions of the behavior.

bird in the picture does not have dark legs , flint, or beak . It is therefore not melanizmus . melanizmus causes darkening of all body parts . There are three options .
first one regards dakr factor - dakr only factor causing darkening of the plumage .
The second option is a disease of some internal organ such as the liver .
third option , bird was reared in unsuitable conditions , and this is therefore a temporary modification.

personally rather inclined to believe that it is a dark factor . dakr factor exists as SF - dakr factor and DF - dakr factor . dark factor has free and heredity is dominant. therefore the offspring revealed on SF shape .

I suggest you wait for further exchanges of feathers . whether the mutations or modifications can be determined by mating of the birds and normally colored individuals , if dakr factor transferred to the offspring. in the case of a modification , you should not pass on to offspring .

Tell occurred, as further exchanges feathers .

Greeting

Marek Buranský

Tonya Sapem, 04.02.2014 07:49

thank you so much! I posted on another website and all I got was people acting like the bird is neglected and in terrible health when in fact he is healthy as can be. I will wait to do anything with him breeding wise until he molts, either way I would like to get him on a more regular supplement diet than he was on previously to breed anyways. I really hope its a mutation I can pass on... both of his parents were normal colored gouldians, so I guess we shall possibly find out in the next year or two! lol. I don't really understand the part in your comment about SF and those sentences around that topic though... :/
Thank you so much for your help I feel a lot better seeing as I know he has had decent care previously to me getting him and will be in even more "perfect" conditions with a better diet so hopefully he will be more beautiful after his molt :)

Texty a fotografie nie je možné šíriť bez súhlasu autora
stránok www.gouldianfinchces.eu